Sunday 22 June 2014

Joel Vandroogenbroek

Computer Blossoms (1981) ...

Library album on Coloursound label from  Joel Vandroogenbroek, Belgian classical/jazz pianist and founder of band Brainticket ...

Dancing Electrons ...



"Coloursound record company was created in Germany to produce records of ambient music for documentaries, films, and for TV producers to use as underlay music for their projects. Those records, LPs at the time, were stored in sound libraries of TV stations and radio stations all over the world. Those LPs were not to be sold to the public. For the artist, this was open to any kind of music imaginable. It gave me the possibility to explore and study all kinds of directions I liked. I let my creativity through music go from imaginative lost continents, to old Egypt, to Mesopotamia, to the Middle Ages to modern times with computer music productions and space fantasies. I had complete liberty in my work. Later, the company was sold and somehow, those records began to appear in public. "




No comments:

Post a Comment