Guruh Gipsy (1976) ...Indonesian prog rock with gamelan influences ...
Guruh Gipsy complete ...
1) Indonesia Maharddhika (0:00)
2) Chopin Larung (15:36)
3) Barong Gundah (22:49)
4) Janger 1897 Saka (29:49)
5) Geger Gelgel (38:37)
6) Smaradhana (50:36)
7) Sekar Ginotan (bonus)
While Gipsy was basically a music group which its members are Nasution brothers: Gaury, Keenan, Odink, and Deby. It was previously established in 1966 under the name of Sabda Nada with members: Ponco Sutowo, Gaury Nasution, Joe-Am, Eddy, Edit, Roland and Keenan Nasution. They were very familiar with Balinese music and they ever did a gig at Bank Indonesia combining western with Balinese music with gamelan group led by Wayan Suparta Wijaya. In 1969 the band renamed themselves as Gipsy and the new line-up was established: Onan, Chrisye, Gaury, Tammy, dan Atut Harahap. They did cover for 70s groups like Procol Harum, King Crimson, ELP, Genesis and Blood, Sweat & Tears. In 1971 the line-up changed again: Keenan, Chrisye, Gaury, Rully Djohan, Aji Bandi, and Lulu. With this line-up the band played a gig in New York, USA... progarchives.com ...
Chopin Larung ...
- Backing Vocals [Female Backing Vocals, Guest Player] – Hutauruk
- Bass – Chrisye
- Drums – Keenan Nasution
- Gamelan [Balinese Gamelan, Guest Player] – I Gusti Kompiang Raka
- Gamelan, Lyrics By – Guruh Soekarno Putra
- Guitar – Odink Nasution
- Guitar [Guest Player] – Gauri Nasution
- Piano [Guest Player] – Trisuci Kamal
- Piano, Organ – Ronny Harahap
- Synthesizer [Mini-moog] – Abadi Soesman